For those of you who want’t safer and more secure browsing than Internet Exploere, and who find the Mozilla application suite a bit much to handle, the new Mozilla Firefox browser has just got out of Beta and is now released as version 1.0.
“Award-winning Web Experience
The Mozilla Firefox browser has already garnered rave reviews and awards for its stability, trustworthiness and innovative features.
* Pop-up Blocking – Firefox includes an integrated pop-up blocker that lets users-not websites-decide when they will view pop-ups. Mozilla continues to set the standard in assisting users avoid annoying pop-ups.
* Online Fraud Protection – Firefox helps users protect themselves against online fraud such as ‘phishing’ (attempts to trick users into giving away their passwords) and ‘spoofing’ (fraudulent sites masquerading as popular, trusted sites) by clearly displaying the true identity of secure sites.
* Faster, Easier, More Accessible Search – Firefox tightly integrates support for leading search services into the toolbar, including Google search, Yahoo!, eBay, Amazon, Dictionary.com, Creative Commons, and more. The new Firefox Start Page also provides access to Firefox information, resources and application tips, coupled with an integrated Google search box.
* More Efficient Browsing – Firefox’s innovative Tabbed Browsing allows many web pages to load within the same window, improving the speed and utility of web browsing. Firefox also introduces Live Bookmarks, which allows users to easily glance through the latest news and blog headlines.
* Extensible with Hundreds of Add-ons – More than 100 extensions are available for Firefox today, including the A9.com, Google, and Yahoo! toolbars, which make Firefox even more customizable and convenient to use.
* Easy Migration – With Firefox it’s easy to switch from Internet Explorer and other browsers. Firefox imports your existing bookmarks, passwords, cookies, and other data.
Firefox has received numerous endorsements and industry awards including Laptop Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award, Best in Show at Linux World Fall 2004, Best Open Source Solution at Linux World Fall 2004, and first place in Maximum PC’s Softy Awards for 2004.”